Did you know that it is a legal offence to pull the chain, which is the emergency brake of the train without a proper reason, one of which is pulling the chain to help someone catch the train? One can only pull the chain in case of an emergency or accident, and certainly, not for somebody, who is running late to catch the train!
Well, sometimes we do get confused or delayed on the way to the station and end up late for to catch the train. No one does it intentionally, but there are a few ways, which you can effectively use so that you do not miss it!.
Here are some pointers that will help you to reach the station on time:
- The first thing that you have to do is check whether or not you are catching the train from the point of its origin. Well, if you are, then you should ideally reach the station half an hour before the scheduled time of departure since the train is generally stationed on the stipulated platform at least 15 mins before departure. Reaching early is all the more important if you have a general category ticket and you want to get a seat for yourself since these tickets come without a seat reservation.
- Do not keep the act of getting yourself a ticket for the journey, last minute. A lot of people have complained that the train had left the platform because they were waiting in the queue to catch the train. This is one of the most common reasons for missing a train, and hence, if you want to avoid that, get your tickets booked well beforehand since you cannot know from before how much of a queue will be there at the ticket counter.
- Well, if you are catching a train, which will be passing through and halting at the station for just a couple of minutes, then you will have to make sure that you reach the station well before it arrives. Download an app on your phone, which will provide you with the train live running status at all times so that you can keep a track on where the train is and whether or not it is on time. If you do not have an app, then you can always call and enquire at the station.
- If you do not want to take any risk when catching a through-halt train, it is best to wait at the station then killing time outside and coming in last minute, only to miss the train!
- When it comes to catching trains from cities, always keep an hour extra for travelling from your place to the station. Take into account the traffic situation of the city in general, and you just might get stuck. It is better to reach early and wait than to be late and be sorry.
So, these are some of the most important points if you follow will not miss a train. Always be alert and be on time for your own benefit.