Peru is a world popular historical and mountain tour destination in South America. The Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour or Vinicunca tour is one of the amazing distinguished geological features to see; you must visit once in Peru. You can see different shades of colors on this mountain peak and on their slopes. The view of the mountain with the color layer will seem like a rainbow on a mountain. This kind of mountain geological feature is rare to see in this world. You must reach Cusco in Peru to trek for mystic Rainbow Mountain. It is advisable to book your stay and travel with top tour companies in Peru.
Things to do in Rainbow Mountain – Peru
- If you are good in mountain trekking, you can take a weeklong tour to trek on the Peru Andes High mountain trails.
- You can get a clear view of the Ausangate Glacier.
- You can see the snow capped mountain peaks of the Andes mountain range.
- You can see the wild camel and lama throughout your trek, which is a human friendly animal.
- You can get a spectacular view of the Urubamba Valley.
- You can take traditional food available with the villagers while traveling from Cusco to reach the Rainbow Mountain.
- You can travel in pasture and get a bird eye view of the Cusco City.
If you have altitude sickness, it is advisable to check with your tour operator for oxygen take provision is there or not. This is a very less inhabited place, and you will be with the Mother Nature throughout your trek to the mighty Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour in Peru.
How to Reach Rainbow Mountain – Peru?
Rainbow Mountain Coordinates is 13°52′10″ South and 71°18′11″ West.
You must reach Cusco region in Peru for Rainbow Mountain trek on the Willkanuta Mountain Range. The nearest airport is Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport in Cusco. You must alight here to reach the world famous mountain trek destination the Rainbow Mountain.
- Locally, you can hire a van/mini bus to reach Rainbow Mountain.
- It takes 3-hours 30-minutes to reach this high altitude mountain.
It is advisable to book a pick and drop with your travel agent while on rainbow mountain tour in Peru. This will avoid peak hour rush. You have to go early as 3-AM such that you can see the sunrise and trek around this colorful mountain until the sun set.
Rainbow Mountain Peru Temperature
This place falls in the high altitude ranges of the Andes Mountain Range in Peru. The Ausangate Mountain trek from Cusco will range from 10,850 ft to 20,945 ft above the mean sea level. You can find varied temperature like cool, clod and hot weather. It is advisable to take appropriate gears and clotting according to the season.
Peru is a tourist friendly place. Its people talk English with other vernacular languages spoken in Peru. This is an all season tourist place and it will be better to book your Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour in Peru in advance to beat the rush.